An Oscar Nod for Juno??

I'm outraged at this. If you haven't already, please check out my Juno movie review, entitled Don't See Juno (The Libra, 12/28/07).

I'm willing to go on the record, right now, and say that if Juno wins an Oscar for any reason, I will renounce The Academy. What exactly does that entail? It means I will never give credence to any of its decisions again, or hold an "Oscar" or an "Oscar nomination" in any type of esteem. In fact, I may begin to look at it as a detriment. This I promise you, my friends.

I leave you with a great William Goldman quote [Paraphrased]: "Every year at Oscar time, the entire industry gathers to lament the fact that it has been the single worst year in Hollywod."

Comments

Anonymous said…
What do you thing of the WGA, now? I haven't seen the movie yet because it hasn't arrived here so I can't give you an opinion for now...

Popular Posts