The CIA is in Libya...

First off, I already assumed the CIA was there. But now knowing that the CIA is on the ground in Libya fills me with a mixture of relief and apprehension. Relief, because, in my mind, there's nothing the CIA is incapable of doing if they want to. If they want Qaddhafi gone...that dude had better start packing his bags. But apprehension, because what this essentially means is we're going to prop up another government or another wacked-out ruler that we're going to dredge up from god-knows-where, put him in office, arm him, and in five years we'll be bombing his palace. Even in my quarter century or so of cognizant years on this planet, I've already seen it before too many times. Now that the G-Men are there, this whole thing will be over shortly. Just you watch. You'll know the CIA has done it's job when a new little guy pops up as "the people's choice" to take over the new, democratic Libyan state. Qaddhafi, the clock is ticking, sir.

Comments

Popular Posts