When in Central Pa....try Straub Beer. It's tasty and diabetic friendly, too!

Whenever I come back to the central Pa. area, I always make it point to drink about a gallon of Straub Beer on draft. The reason being a.) it's damn good, and b.) you can't get the stuff very far outside this area, and c.) even if you could, you couldn't get it on draft, and d.) they advertise with this cute little German gnome-looking guy!
Okay, look...I've had fancier, more "complex" tasting beer in my life, and that seems to be all the rage now. You can't throw a pint glass in Indianapolis without hitting another new microbrewery. But frankly, I like a lighter and more crisp beer, which is what Straub is. There's nothing fancy here, in fact they pride themselves on using all natural ingredients, no preservatives, etc. Who knows if that's actually true. But what I know is it's always fresh and easy to drink.

In terms of flavor, it's on the order of a Budweiser or Coors regular, but with much more body, less "fizz," and a bit of an apple-tasting finish. And frankly, I have yet to have a really bad hangover from drinking Straub (maybe they're right about the preservatives thing?).

One interesting thing is it's also diabetic friendly because it has less sugar content...or something like that. So, if you're a diabetic (which I'm not) you can still enjoy a fine brew...as long as you're in central Pennsylvania.

Comments

Popular Posts