Two Nights of Punk

It was a crazy weekend. I'm still not recovered, and it's Wednesday. And no, I'm not talking about my liver...I hardly drank at all. I'm talking about my ear-drums...


To make a long story short: I've had two new reviews published in NUVO:


http://bit.ly/ixgSNc AND http://bit.ly/k9gRdO

To make a short story long: Thursday I hit the Vollrath, down in south Indy, for a night of Punk/Garage music featuring some local bands, and two from Chicago. Then on Saturday night I hit Indy's infamous Punk Rock Night down at the Melody Inn. Both shows were...well...loud. Beyond that, I'm out of creative descriptors for Punk music. What can I say? I like Punk and Garage and anything similar. For me, it's immediate: I don't have to think about it. I spend so much time in my life thinking and pondering and analyzing, that when it comes to music I like to (wait for it) have my face burned off, plain and simple. Granted, I will go in for the soulful, folky, singer-songwriter stuff once in a while, but only when I'm really, really in the mood.



And...I wasn't in the mood for that last week. I was in the mood to rock. So, check out my reviews!!!

Comments

Popular Posts