Pitchfork's Top 50 Albums of the Year

Ultra-hipster music site Pitchfork has unleashed their Top 50 Albums of the Year. If you're looking to update yourself on modern-day indie music, this is a hell of a place to start.

This list has a few of my own favorite 2011 albums on it, such as Iceage's New Brigade, Cut Copy's Zonoscope, and Frank Ocean's Nostalgia Ultra. But the list also includes a few albums, like Bon Iver's Bon Iver, about which I simply can't understand the hype. I found Bon Iver completely un-exciting in any way shape or form. To me he's one of those artists who has simply caught the wave of Hipster Sanctity and can do no wrong at this point. Or else, it's a really great album and I just don't get it. I'm guessing the answer lies somewhere in between, but I'm mystified that it's made the Top Album of the Year. Mystified.

Anyway...give it a look, get a few of the albums. If I had any recommendations, check out the above mentioned artists, but also: Real Estate, tUnE-yArDs, M83, and Bill Callahan. Otherwise, rig-up your Spotify profile and have at it. Broaden your horizons, find something you like, live a richer, fuller life...

Comments

Popular Posts