Indie Rock: Burnt Ones

It's been a long and busy couple of weeks, though probably the most productive and fun weeks/month of my life. Suffice it to say, my brain is fried. But, not so fried that I can't tell you about this toasty band I've been listening to called Burnt Ones.

These guys are originally from Indy but have since moved out to San Francisco. They play fuzzy, psychedelic pop/garage kind of stuff, which is right up my alley right now. I bought one of the their cassette tapes at LUNA the other day & haven't been able to stop listening to it.

I find myself more and more listening to local and hyper-indie rock. It's just more raw, more innovative, and just flat-out more ballsy than most of the stuff you download or buy that has national distribution. The more people that something appeals to, the more watered-down it has to be. To me, that's just basic math. Not a hard-and-fast rule, mind you, and certainly the inverse isn't always true. But I just get more satisfaction from listening to the music made by local artists who are doing it for the love. And it just so happens right here, right now, in Indy, they are making the kind of music I dig.

Get a chance, check out Burnt Ones.

Comments

Popular Posts