The Reluctant Dog Owner: Day 1

Anyone know this pooch?? If so, please contact me ASAP. I'm on Facebook & Twitter, or leave a comment on this post.

I was blissfully going about my business on New Year's Day: taking a leisurely walk, planning on seeing a movie later in the day...when this pooch crossed my path and my day--and who knows? maybe my whole life--took an altogether different turn.

After only one day my life has begun to revolve around this cute little beast. Now, every time I get ready to leave the house I have to think: "Did I walk the dog yet? How long will I be gone? Will she be okay here by herself?" Calculations that, until 24 hours ago didn't even occur to me.

Furthermore, this seems to be one of the most domesticated pooches in history. She made herself right at home on my couch only 0.5 seconds after getting through my front door. Also, she insisted--absolutely insisted--on sleeping in my bed with me on the first night.



Gotta go. More updates to come...

Comments

Popular Posts