What I'm listening to...

I work from home and I love music, therefore I listen to a LOT of it and I need a steady diet of new finds in order to keep me from going insane with boredom. Here's what I'm rotating this week, mostly:

1.) The Moving Sidewalks - late-60s gritty guitar rock. Supposedly a big influence on ZZ Top but I don't hear the similarity (unless I've been listening to the wrong ZZ Top records (tho don't get me wrong ZZ Top has its place)). This is one of those "How the f--- did I never hear about these guys before" kind of bands. Only one album to chose from, so won't be that tough to chose one.

2.) Mozart's Marriage of Figaro - because sometimes I like to feel like I'm an intelligent cultured man. I know absolutely nothing about opera but, like with anything, if you listen to it enough you start to find an appreciation. Besides, every self-respecting Italian man eventually must get into opera. It's a fact. Fry your Saturday morning breakfast listening to this stuff, and you'll feel like a Renaissance Man (or Woman).

3.) A$AP Rocky LongLiveA$AP - I've been getting into Hip-Hop again for the first time seriously since the mid-90s. A$AP provides a lot of hard-edged beats without a lot of the cerebral lyrics that you find in hipster-approved rap records today. Sometimes you want to be challenged, sometimes you do want to just hear someone rapping about money, women, and weed. Seems to have a little bit of the ATL sound, if I remember what that is. Features Kendrick Lamar for one song. 

Comments

Popular Posts