Dryanuary: A Daily Diary

As a way to atone for my holiday sins, I've decided to abstain from alcoholic beverages for the entire month of January. I've been told this is now a "thing" and is referred to as Dryanuary. 

Day One:

First of all, I'd like to point out that I was doing this "Dryanuary" thing long before the internet made it possible (indeed necessary) for everyone to put everything into the permanent record, thereby proving once and for all that there is no such thing as an original thought. Only I usually did it in February, and it never lasted very long. But...that was back in my mid 20s, when I had the self-control of a wild boar on meth. I'm anticipating this attempt will go a lot better.

As for Day One.. Please. One day without alcohol? I like my booze as much as anybody, but...if I couldn't do one day without a drink I'd be a little worried. Okay, so I was slightly tempted to have a beer around dinner time, but I didn't. If I poisoned this endeavor in it's infancy I knew it would never get off the ground. 

Working on Day Two now. Let you know how it goes. 




 


Comments

Popular Posts