Dryanuary: Week One

So I've made it one full week without a sip of alcohol. I'd like to also point out that I haven't driven my car in a week either. Clean & Green. That's my new motto for this year. Except I don't exactly hold with the implication that simply not drinking alcohol makes me "clean," because that implies drinking alcohol makes me "dirty." But...good rhyming mottoes are hard to come by, so I'm going with it.

I'm a bit surprised at how easy it's been to go a week without a drink. Pleasantly surprised. Leading me to believe that my thirst for the spirit of the vine (and grain) is all based on habit and situation. Habit, in that I've just gotten into the habit of keeping booze around the house, having a drink whenever I feel like it (I'm and adult, after all), situational in that most of the people I know like to drink, so alcohol often (hell, ALWAYS) accompanies social get togethers. All that being the case, maybe I can start drinking again??

Nah. I think I'll try and keep pushing to the end of the month. The point of this exercise was to push the "reset" button on my health after having over-indulged during the Holidays. It's going pretty well so far. No need to call it short just because I can.

Keep you posted...


Comments

Popular Posts