My Very Own Ali Spagnola Painting...

Thanks to Ali Spagnola's awesome, ninja-level efforts of self-promotion, this lovely pop-art bird now resides in my home, adding to my existing collection of rooster stuff. How did I start collecting rooster stuff? No idea. I also have no idea how I found out about Ali Spagnola, but all of a sudden I was seeing her posts on my Twitter feed and then I discovered her Free Paintings project (which you should totally check out, in addition to her other stuff: music, comedy shorts, etc.) and commissioned this painting, even though she gives them away for free, so that I would have a chance of getting it before 2020.

Seriously, Spagnola is a lesson to any creative entrepreneurial types out there looking to use the internet to gain attention, build a fan base for their work, and create a platform from which to launch a career. She's a relentless self-promoter, but the thing is, she actually has something to promote and continues to crank it out all the time, which sets her apart from most of us who dabble with blogs, YouTubes/Vines, Twitter feeds, whatever. If you're looking for an example of how to turn pro on the internet, study what Spagnola has done with herself. But even that won't help you have talent, unfortunately, which A-Spags does. She's also from Pittsburgh and (at least judging by her last name) is at least partly Italian. So I mean...come on...how could I not be a fan??

Comments

Popular Posts