Toms Roasting Co. Honduran coffee

Who knew Toms (the shoe brand that donates a pair for every pair you buy) made coffee too? Who
knew? I didn't when I picked up this bag of coffee. The only reason I bought it was because I wanted Guatemalan coffee and the grocery store didn't have that so, vaguely remembering that Honduras and Guatemala are close to each other,* I bought the next best thing.

When you drink as much coffee as I do, you start to notice things like how it tastes, where it comes from, how it's roasted, yada yada yada, all sorts of stuff I once thought was the realm of "coffee snobs" or "hipsters" but I now realize I JUST WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION. GAHD it is nice when you finally discover your archetypal, idealized version of coffee and say to yourself: "Where did this come from? I want to know everything about this."

Sadly, Toms Honduran (Las Capucas) coffee is not exactly that good, but it's good. Its flavor profile of "clean, silky, almonds" is partly right. It is pretty clean-tasting. And if I really try I can force myself into believing I taste almonds in there. The smooth tartness and un-ripe berry flavors are nice, but it's a little bit weak for me to be drinking as my first cup of the day. Major points, however, for the "dry" non-oily taste. Its so clean it barely even leaves a trace in my Bialetti.

*(As it turns out, I was right)

Comments

Popular Posts