Taco Mondays at Patron Mexican Grill

Image result for patron mexican grill shadyside
Patron Mexican Grill - 135 S. Highland, in da 'burgh

If you live in the East End of Pittsburgh, taco Mondays at Patron Mexican Grill is not to be missed. One dollar hard shell tacos -- ground beef, chicken, or bean -- and $3 Margaritas. I usually get 4-5 tacos and I'm stuffed by the end of the meal. If you don't get a beer or anything to drink but water, the bill is so low it almost makes you feel guilty. It's literally cheaper than staying home.

I'm not going say these tacos are the best thing you'll ever eat in your life, but for $1 each they're damn good and like Oscar Zeta Acosta said: "Don't judge a taco by its price." I prefer the bean tacos, personally.

Bonus Points to Patron Mexican Grill also for the great atmosphere -- kind of a cool, split-level, open-air environment -- that when packed with people (as on Monday nights) feels like a party, and also for keeping the free tortilla chips and salsa flowing.

Oh and P.S. their other food is pretty damn good as well. They have a full menu, not just $1 tacos. But lately I've been so into the $1 taco night, that's how I've been getting my fill of Patron.


Comments

Popular Posts