USMNT 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago

Image result for Pulisic goal trinidad
Christian Pulisic: In my opinion, the ONLY thing the USMNT has going for it right now...

This was the win the U.S. needed and wanted, but based on what I saw last night, I'm not feeling real great about our chances vs. Mexico.

Trinidad & Tobago looked like they were suffering from altitude sickness most of the night (so did the U.S. in the first half), and at some point the game felt like target practice until -- thanks to the magic of Christian Pulisic -- we managed to build two nice goals. Mexico will not be as forgiving.

I think we can stagger our way into the World Cup finals in Russia thanks to, let's face it, pretty weak competition in the CONCACAF other than Mexico, but I don't see us walking away from Sunday night's game in Mexico City with any points to show for it.

Comments

Popular Posts