Steel Cup Coffee Roasters Certified Organic Honduras Light Roast



This is why I love living in the 21st century. There's a small-batch, source-to-store, organic coffee roasting company right here in Pittsburgh, Pa. What's next? Driver-less cars??

Bought this bag of coffee in Whole Foods recently. I shop at Whole Foods when I get tired of saving too much money shopping at Giant Eagle or Aldi, and decide I want to spend $75 for one bag of groceries. On the plus side, you get introduced to things like Steel Cup Coffee Roasters.

I like Central American coffee for the dry, crisp, delicately acidic flavors. This bag of Honduran coffee fits the bill but is missing just a little something in the flavor department, which I'm not quite sure doesn't have to do with my brewing method. With light roast, you can't expect any of the smoky, tongue-rasping boldness you might get in other types of coffee. No, the Central American light roast, particularly this one from Steel Cup, is an oil-free, smooth, low-acidity coffee with just a bit of that tart, berry tang to it, kind of like un-ripe raspberries or blueberries. To me, the aroma promises a little more flavor than the coffee actually delivers, but again, it's light roast.

Looking forward to trying some of their other varieties. But this is a good one for the middle of summer.

Comments

Popular Posts