Costa Rican Tarrazu, La Pastora - Shenandoah Joe roasters, Charlottesville, Va.



Picked up a pound of this last weekend in Charlottesville, Va. I love Costa Rican coffee. This one tastes a bit smokier and bolder than what I'm used to in the Costa Rican coffee department. But still a damned good cup. I've tried it in the moka pot, pour-over, and drip machine. Actually kind of prefer it from the drip machine.

I've started to stop at local coffee roasters whenever I travel now. This is something I haven't really latched onto until recently. Of course I have known about the local / specialty coffee movement, just like I've known about the craft beer craze, or a billion other "local" and artisanal food/drink obsessions out there. IDK why but lately this is something that interests me. Can a coffee bean taste differently if roasted in Charlottesville, Va. versus Pittsburgh, Pa? My guess is it's not the location but rather what kind of bean and how it was roasted, what method, etc.

But anyway, it's an excuse to drink some damn good (and freshly roasted) coffee, support local businesses, and also extend the life of whatever trip you went on, since you can be drinking the coffee for weeks after you've come home.

Comments

Popular Posts