Latest Collage: "Final Statistics" 9x12 in. mixed media

Some of you may not know I've started painting lately. I started with block prints a few years ago, and would make about 2-3 per year. Until very recently, that was all the visual art I did. 

Then, a couple months ago, for reasons I cannot fully explain, I started painting and making these mixed media collages. 

For this one, as with most of them, I use oil pastels, acrylics, markers, and stuff I cut out of magazines, maps, and wherever. This also requires a variety of glues and pastes you can't even imagine how extensive. 

In case you're curious, I have almost no idea how one of these comes together. I start them almost by accident, next thing I know I am knee deep into the work, and a theme is emerging. I would love to know if anything strikes you, makes sense or doesn't make sense, either way.

Comments

Popular Posts