The Non-Alcoholic: Visitor N/A Lager

The Non-Alcoholic brings you sporadic reviews of N/A beverages...

I think I have found my non-alcoholic brew for the summer: Visitor Beer

This delightfully-refreshing N/A lager has a subtle, refreshing maltiness and only the absolute merest hint of hops. It put me in mind of a lighter, toned-down version of Fat Tire (which is an ale, yes, so forgive me you beer geeks). 

If there is any criticism, it's that Visitor threatens to be a little too subtle; at first I thought there was not much going on here flavor-wise, and -- perhaps -- I was not drinking N/A beer but rather "hop water." However, its understated delights became apparent the more I enjoyed it (and you can't blame that on my being drunk, you see), and -- chilled to a bone-chilling temperature, right out of a cold cooler on a summer day -- I could see this being a summer All-Star, good for slaking the thirst on a blistering summer day and preventing you from toppling over in the process. 

The other nice thing about this beer is that it's nearly gluten free and so does not leave you with the bloated, foamy feeling my N/A beers will after two or more of them. I drank two Visitors with dinner at a bar the other night, and could have easily put down a third and fourth. 

Vital Stats:

Calories: 79
Carbs: 17g
Sugar: 0g
Total Fat: 0g
Website: https://www.visitor.fyi/

Comments

Popular Posts