Trapiche, Malbec, 2007


Trapiche
Mendoza, AR
Malbec
2007

I'm determined to photograph and catalogue every wine that I drink here...or at least the ones I drink at home. To hell with museums and culture...my loyal readers (all two of you) can just go on line and Google whatever you want to see from Buenos Aires. I'm giving you the REAL scoop, on the ground, as I see it...

There is nothing special about this Malbec. It's young, a 2007, and we're still just more than a quarter into 2008. I can't even give you any complex description because, in truth, there's not a lot going on here. Trapiche is widely known in Argentina (actually won an award from the International Wine & Spirit Competition in 2006). Suffice it to say, they know what they're doing. Although, this wine would've been better drunk in 2009 or thereabouts.

But, at $10 peso (about $3.50, you can't go wrong). It's as good or better as any random bottle of Malbec I've paid U.S.$10+ for in the U.S. So, I submit for your consideration... Trapiche's 2007 Malbec.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The more important question here, is: Is it complex?
Anonymous said…
Please post reviews of steaks. Thank you.

Popular Posts