You (Netflix Series 2018-2021)



I just finished the Netflix series You last night and I've got mixed feelings about it.

There are three seasons of You, the first one came out in 2018 and the third season just dropped this past fall (2021). I saw Season One shortly after it came out, then basically binge-watched Seasons 2 & 3 over the past month. 

Here's my review: Season One was awesome. Season Two was less awesome. By Season Three the series had gotten decidedly 'meh.' 

If I were you, I'd watch Season One and -- if you're really starved for entertainment -- start Season Two. There's enough suspense in the first 50% of the show to keep you wide-eyed and interested, but somewhere late in Season Two, once you get used to the game Joe (main character) is playing and things start to get a little too easy, the show starts to sag. By Season Three my relationship to the show had turned into "something to keep on in the background while I paint." I fell asleep during the final episode. 

There's enough eye-candy in this show to make it visually interesting enough. But the writing just starts to get stale and uninspired at some point. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
dede thank you

Popular Posts